This past weekend was absolutely beautiful. I spent some quality time with my dear girlfriend, who came into town, and my older daughter, who is about to graduate from college. For me it was definitely a denim weekend; from Friday through Sunday, I incorporated denim into everything I wore.
We started our day with a train ride to Central Park, which is especially beautiful this time of year. However, there’s so much to do all year round. There’s fun to be had and something to do for people of all ages. Here are my 5 favorite things to during the warm season in Central Park.
1. Central Park conservatory film festival, my personal favorite. Time TBD.
2. Play Chess & Checkers ( I can play checkers, not chess ) or enjoy lectures and workshops by chess masters.
3. Go fishing. You can catch and release fish all year round at the Harlem Meer.
4. Play baseball or softball at one of the 26 fields in the park. You must obtain a permit however. Permits are issued from April through September.
5. Enjoy Jazz, gospel, world music and Latin music at Harlem Meer performance festival, every Sunday during the summer months.
For more information, visit here.
White Shirt & Denim Short Sleeved Shirt: Jcrew | Ribbed Vest: Gap | Jeans: Gap | Espadrilles: NYC Boutique | Handbag: Mulberry | Sunnies: Thrifted Halstons (been killing them) | Sandals: Madewell | Belt: Madewell |